2 November 2015

Indira Gandhi - 31th Anniversary of her martyrdom

Indira Gandhi - 31th Anniversary of her martyrdom

“I am alive today, I may not be there tomorrow.. I shall continue to serve until my last breath and when I die, I can say, that every drop of my blood will invigorate India and strengthen it.” – Indira Gandhi


Raghubir Lal Anand recalls those days, when Mr. Yashpal Kapoor was a leader of Indian National Congress and a close aide of Indira Gandhi. He was a member of the Rajya Sabha from Uttar Pradesh from 1972 to 1978, those days I used to go P.M. house for some employment etc.

I was also present at Shimla Summit when Zulfiqar Ali Bhutto, President of Pakistan came for getting release of more than 94000 army officers and staff who surrendered before the Indian forces in Bangladesh. I was on duty for Ashoka Hotel.

These moment I cannot forget till my death.

Raghubir Lal Anand pays his strong, deep felted and sacred tributes to the granite rock like lady – Indira Gandhi, who served India till last drop of blood and breath.

People say that P.M. Narendra Modi has ignored Indira Ji on her martyrdom day.


Modi Ji is present Prime Minister of India and he has got a certain ideology and philosophy. Nobody can compel him as far as tributes are concerned. It comes from within.

No comments:

Post a Comment